This is one of my favourite recipes for both children and adults! I promise most people won’t even tell the difference, especially the kids! This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and full of flavour.
Use this to hide supplements like fish oils and probiotics for kids, and they’ll be excited to take their supplements!
Butternut Squash Chocolate Pudding
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 3 heaping tbsp organic cocoa powder (sugar-free)
- 1 cup of coconut or cashew milk
- ½ tsp each nutmeg and cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup) *depending on the sweetness of the butternut squash you use, you may need to add more honey/maple syrup
- 1 tsp avocado or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F
- Cut the butternut squash lengthwise and sprinkle it with a little salt and the avocado oil
- Poke holes throughout the squash on the skin side using a fork or a knife. Place flat side down on a baking sheet and bake on convection for 45min-1hr (depending on how thick the squash is).
- Remove from oven and let cool until you can touch it.
- Scoop out the insides and place them into a blender with the cocoa powder, coconut milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, and honey.
- Blend for about 30 seconds (Depending on the strength of your blender) until you get a smooth, creamy consistency. You may add more coconut milk if it is too thick.
- Remove from blender and serve! You can keep this into the fridge for up to a week, or freeze and defrost at a later time.